This post has been one of our most popular, so we're republishing it with all new links! Hope you enjoy!
The denim jacket is one of the fashion world's most useful pieces.
Hang on there cowgirls. There are two rules for your denim jacket.
1. It must be fitted. Like tight when you put it on (it’ll stretch out). I don't really like the oversized and "relaxed" denim jackets because they look sloppy to me, and are hard to wear over delicate summer dresses to make them fall-appropriate.
2. Your Harold’s denim jacket from 10 years ago is not working for you any longer. Neither is your Gap one from 10 years ago. The modern denim jacket is a shrunken fit and doesn’t have any extraneous pockets, epaulets or other embellishments. And it definitely does not have embroidered flowers on it. It's simple.
Here's how to wear the right denim jacket this fall to transition your summer pieces.
1. First swap out your white one for a dark rinse or faded rinse denim jacket.
2. Wear a dark rinse denim jacket over your summer sundresses to extend their life a bit longer.
3. Your LBD you've been wearing all summer? Now add a denim jacket.
4. A faded rinse denim jacket is equally as useful, and so cool, in that western glam way.
The great thing about denim jackets is that they travel well. They are virtually indestructible, which makes them great for travel and for carrying around with you.
5. MAJOR addendum to the 2-point rule section above: You HAVE to cuff the sleeves of your denim jacket. It's required.
Men roll their sleeves. Women cuff our sleeves. Less bulk. More finished.
To see our how-to video, Complete Style Vault members can log in and watch here: VIDEO How To Cuff Your Sleeves.
So there you have it. The wonders of the dark rinse denim jacket. If you're in Nashville, we can get you a deal on your entire fall wardrobe when you shop with us. We get exclusive deals no one else does because we don't work on commission. We pass our discounts along to you. It's just better business.
Thanks for reading and all the best,
This post may contain affiliate links, including Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program, and if you click a link or purchase something we have recommended, we may receive a thank you commission from the website. Clicking these links won't cost you any extra money, but does help us keep our site ad free